1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Whats wrong with this lawn?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by QuadRacer041, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Frank Fescue

Frank Fescue LawnSite Senior Member

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.. keep an eye to the forecast and see if temps favor dollar spot. recomend proper cultural practices, watering, mowing etc. educate your damn self on the fungus. most of the time you can clean it up with a fert, change in cultural practices and some follow ups. dont be quick to sell a fungucide. IPM and customer service go out the window when you do that. try selling someone a fungicide and dip into hot and humid weather and explain to them in 2 weeks why the product is no longer effective and get a "well why did i spend all that money on a fungicide?"

and again, def go with the aeration this fall.

2. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

Just a little more info.....I own a Landscaping bussiness and this is my own lawn were I apply the pesticides myself.

I think I will try to grow it out with a Fert application.
    Any recommendations on what to use????

3. Real Green

Real Green LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for your two cents Frank! I know we can always can count on you. Take care!

4. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Did you apply these at full application rates... 1# N per 1,000?

I don't know your local laws (#N / year), but I would hit it with a sulfur coated Urea at full application rate this week.

Other then that, follow what I said to do in post 4...
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=2442782&postcount=4

Have it aerated now, the disease is not going to be around this fall.

5. Hughfinfan

Hughfinfan LawnSite Member

had a lawn with dollar spots, used product from lesco called PROPHESY 25 lbs covers10,000 sf it worked

6. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

thats what my lesco dealer suggested as well. how long before you started to see results?

7. Fert33

Fert33 LawnSite Member

Also JDL came out with Prophecy. It is basically Bayleton. It comes in 25lb bags instead of the old 40lb bags that Bayleton came in. The application rate is 2.5lbs/1000 for dollar spot. I think it has a 14 day interval. It's great if you are treating a lawn that has irrigation, or is small enough to get the product watered in.

8. Hughfinfan

Hughfinfan LawnSite Member

hey quadracer 041, i had it pretty good did 2nd appl around 14 days after 1st appl. it took about 3 cuts to disappear, also have inground irrigation system.

9. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

What time of day are you watering?

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, just for once I'd have to say it probably isn't heat stress :p