Whats wrong with this lawn?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by QuadRacer041, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Prophecy is not bayleton. It is Propiconizole. Bayleton is chlorophenoxy,butanone.

2. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

I went with prophecy. Hopefully i'll start to see results soon.

I was watering at around 3am with an irragation system, around 30-40 minutes a zone depending on how much sunlight that zone got. I changed the start time to 6am now.

3. QuadRacer041

Thanks for all your help guys, i'll keep you updated.

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

3 AM is fine. Measure each zone with a rain gage!!!

5. QuadRacer041

where can i get one of those?

6. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Just about anywhere. Use a cake pan or a tuna can. Time how long it takes to get 1/3" in each zone. Use that much time 3x/week.

7. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

It's amazing how many people are still using chlorothalonil on residential turf.

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Why Steve? NO residential label or is there something better that is more cost effective?

9. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

Chlorothalonil has been off-limits to home lawns for several years now. That goes for all states, since it was EPA-mandated as such. So for those who are still using Manicure, Daconil, or whatever brand of chlorothalonil you have, on home lawns, be forewarned.

10. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Not exactly true me bucko.
    Each state has different labeling and application regulations, and I, for one, know for damned sure that Chlorothalonil is labeled for residential use under the restrictive label for residential use here in Texas.

What has happened is the patent rights have expired and no company wants to go through the re-labeling process and all it entails.

And as a final note, Manicure is also labeled for residential use here in Texas. I know as I apply it occasionally and recently, with-in the last month, just purchase more.