Whats Wrong With ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willietd2, Feb 5, 2007.

1. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

hey can anyone tell me why there is so many 60 inch exmark walk behinds on ebay? i was thinking of buying a 60 w/b but if there is something wrong with them i dont want one. thank you, wille

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont think there's anything wrong w/ them. Most of the ones on ebay have over 1500 hours on them so someone has been using them.

3. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

If you watch and read those adds you can find a good deal. I know i see alot of them from Maryland and PA. Some even come with warranties.

4. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

I am worried about stolen machines out that way...most people I see selling them (with a 'professional' looking Ebay ad) seem to be reselling them and not actual users of the machines...that scares me

I bought a machine off Ebay but from a fellow LCO in Indiana...worked fine

Good luck if you decide to do this...

NEVER send money until you go test the machine....

5. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

buying a stolen machine never worried me due to the background check i would do. your right though i would be skeptical if it was not another lco.but i have two 60 inch tanks right now and a 36 inch w/b. i would like to have a bigger w/b and thought about a 48 or a 52 and then i said why not a 60, but seeing that many for sale, are they not justifiable or are people just turning them over for new ones. i dont know,maybe this 15 below wind chill has just got me thinking to much. thanks guys,willie

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Been looking at the same ones. Most are shops or guys that buy out leased equipment when they are turned in and fix anything major and resell. I would give them a call and you will find out most are very reputable companies. Good luck.