What's wrong

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Jul 31, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

As everyone knows I have a snapper hi vac. It doesn't seem to cut as good as my yardman I got rid of. It has a ninja mulching blade that bags well and mulches but seems to make clumps and miss spots sometimes. The sad thing is the lawns really are not that high.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

If the lawns aren't that high, then get a Honda Single speed with quadracut. Just do reg maintenence and it will last, mine has.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Scott, how many times has the current blade been sharpened? If the blade is wearing out the edge or losing its sail, that will definitely affect the cut quality. I was never a fan of the Ninja blades, either. I used to have 2 of the commercial 2 cycle Wisconsin Robin engine mowers. Man, did they cut great, and held up well to lots of abuse. If I remember the Ninja systems right, there is a blade locking device with two sails on it that goes over the blade. Is it properly installed w/ the Ninja blade?

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

lose the ninja blade. I had one. Cut one lawn and took it off. Junk. Since you are bagging. Just leave the stock high lift on it.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

My first mower was a Snapper -- I still have it, but don't use it any longer. I tried the Ninja blade and quickly learned it is no good for bagging, but works great for leaf mulching. The blades don't have enough lift for bagging. That is not their intent.

I have a set of Ninja blades for my 36" w/b for leaf mulching -- works better than any other mulching blades. But, never for grass cutting ....

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Actually the ninja blade bags good but doesn't mulch the best. Would the hi lift blade mulch better?

And the ninja is sharp. I got it sharpen a month ago but it still has that edge on it. Weird blade.

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

... a month ago? Wow!