Whats Wrong!!?!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by kemmer, Sep 26, 2005.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

A customer called yesterday, asking if i could come by and look at some plants. The first one is ive, in inbetween the house and the driveway, no alot of room, it seems like its dying off

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Humidity?? if so, what fungus can that cause.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It's pachysandra and possibly dying off from the drought conditions?
    Are they watering?
  4. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Did chemicals get spilled on them?
  5. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

k thanks for the fast response,

this pic is of there walnut trees, they are right on the street, there niegbors have them and there all dropping at the same time, she was worried becasuse they seem like there dropping more nuts sooner than they did last year, also, the town just installed new curbing on that side of the street.

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Those look to be horse chestnut trees, it is normal for them to lose their leaves a bit earlier than other trees, but again, the drought is effecting them as well.
  7. gil

gil LawnSite Member

Can you check the leaves? see if the margings of the leaves are drying out. If the margings are dead it is most likely drought.
  8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

We are getting a lot of early fall drop mostly from the drought. Its not going to be a pretty fall this year.....
  9. karen1122

karen1122 LawnSite Member

On the ivy, is there a gutter directly above them? Saw the same thing happen from the overflow of a cloged gutter that was spilling on top of the plants.
  10. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen a couple of my houses that pac are doign the same thing also....Those are houses with no water....