What's Youe FAVORITE IRRIGATION SYSTEM???

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ParksGuy, Jul 3, 2003.

1. ParksGuy

ParksGuy LawnSite Member

:) I gotta say I love HUNTER!!!!!
    I know Rainbird and Toro also, BUT HUNTER'S RULE!!!!
    It's all in the nozzle! I like the 12 nozzle that tosses 3 gals a minute! ;)
    What does everyone use?
    And Why?

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Mixture of Rainbird and Hunter. I don't think either makes the best of everything and it also matters what type of system - resi or comm.

3. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

i like the GREENWORLD system...simply the best!

dare to compare....bring it on, kids.

brian:eek:

4. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

so enlighten us about the "greenworld" system

5. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

its communication, baby. just communication.

seriously, i sell 'three' different systems: good, better & best.

i let the customer choose what they want...not everyone wants a bentley. some people want to drive a pinto. but, no matter what system it is, i install quality. from the time they call me, they are greeted by sandy, our office manager. she is pleasant and accomodating in the scheduling of the estimate.

after estimate is scheduled, client is sent a 'letter of intro'. basicly highlights what a sprinkler system will do, quick facts about our company and a biography of our laborers and techs. also included in the envelope is a sample customer survey and a list of big projects we have recently completed.

when i arrive for the estimate, i always come in a company vehicle, and have a few books of pics of recent installs. i also have all of our irrigation certificates in another book for client to look at while we measure and flag property.

we go over estimate with customer and different packages we offer. we let client decide which is best for them.

after estimate, we send a 'thank you estimate' letter and follow up with a phone call 2 days later.

this system works for me.

my irrigation system might not be the 'best', but as long as you communicate and present your self in a professional manner (and with a little luck) you will suceed.

communication is the reason i get alot of my work. communication is the reason why everyone in my area loves GREENWORLD. they think we are great....in all, we just keep the lines of communication open.

brian

:rolleyes:

6. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

The one in my yard. Hunter heads Rainbird valves and controller.

7. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Rainbird and Orbit Pro series so far.