1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats your 1st treatment for the spring?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Todd Traino, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Todd Traino

Todd Traino LawnSite Member

What do you guys think a bout a Dimension 19-0-30, i live in south jersey?

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats an odd duck. Why are you using? Why wouldn't you use a more ballanced fert?
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I am currently applying 19-3-6 Dimension in a split app with the second due in 6 weeks.

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

I am on line with kirby......13-2-5/ dimension
  5. Todd Traino

Todd Traino LawnSite Member

Hey sorry guys i ment a 19-0-6 with dimension
  6. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

19-0-6 w dimension here also Last year I used the orange stuff. Got tired of turning everthing orange. Harvestman
  7. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

Got tired of using the orange stuff too.....are you going to follow it up with a second application of dimension?
  8. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

I was going to but my Lesco rep. talked me out of it he said in our area he didnt think it was worth the extra cost. So my second app is going to be 32-3-8 w 2%fe with 30% slow release. That works out to 1 # of N per thousand. Thats alot of N for a second app. but he said we need that much to push out the dollar spot and red thread that seems to run rampant in our area. Harvestman
  9. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

How are you guys applying two apps of pre-emergence? Full rate (1 lb. N per 1K)? My county extention agent is specifically warning everyone here not to push N onto our lawns in spring because of the risk of Dollar Patch/summer diseases. He recommnds no more than 1 lb. N per 1K in spring. Tells us to push the N in fall. If I half the rate of a pre-emergence weed & feed in spring for two apps, I'll only get half the pre-emergence on each app. What would you suggest? Thanks!