1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

whats your average price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jim163, Jul 15, 2006.

1. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

I just read a thread of someone who wont drop their gate for less then $50. My average lawn cost is $20 average lawn is 8k sq ft and i have a gravely 260z that gets em done quik. Many of my lawns take 15 mins tops and My lawns look better than most. How big are your $50 lawns? BTW Im insured.
  2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

There's always variables to someone's minimums. I'm a solo LCO and to tell you the truth, I just don't have the time to take on "small" lawns. Why spend the drive time plus mowing for $20 when I'm working until almost dark as it is. If you can fit the smaller accounts in, great.

Drive time, daily work load, even pride, can have a big impact on what type of accounts to take on. Either way, it sounds like there's work for us both.:)

Oh, by the way, my smallest sq.ft lawn is about 5,000 sq.ft. or less and I charge him $120/month year round and hit every ten days. That's obviously $40/cut.
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I don't stop for less than $35 this year. Last year I had a $30 minimum. Avg price is about $45-50 this year. take in between 17 and 25 minutes with a helper. Smallest account I have is a church columbarium which takes about 17 minutes. Quickest account is a 1/4 that we were in and out of in 9 minutes on thursday.
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

My smallest yard is $20 but it only takes about 15 minutes to do. I took it because the house is on the route with severall other accounts. If I had to go out of the way, I'm not sure if I would take it.

My average price is $35.
  5. horticulturedawg

horticulturedawg LawnSite Member

Average for us is $53 per service. We hit our properties 46 times per year. One crew maintains about 85 properties. Granted, most are reel mowed, pretty small turf areas....less than 4000 sq ft. We include pruning with our service.
  6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Average $40., mow, trim, and blow.
  7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Averages are frivolous.
  8. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

average is 35.00
  9. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

He is right and here is a reason why. My avg. is between 250 and 300 per visit, but that doesn't tell you much you may even think I am lying or doing commercial, but it is residential and its the truth.You need to be comparing apples to apples.
  10. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

My minimum is 30$ Any less and im not making enough to make it worth my while.