whats your biggest tip ??? ($$$$ wise)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sandgropher, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Some times people give me $50 instead of the $40 quoted and today a lady gave me $70 for a $50 job, yesterday some one gave me an old trailer and bar fridge (sold house) what the biggest amount you have recieved $$$wise or items of value??? (lawnmowing/or landscaping)

2. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I got a $75 Christmas gift once. I though it too much so I gave her a free snow removal.

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i got $50 from a customer, mostly 10-20 dollars or gift certificates.

4. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

$20 is about the best i have received. i do get alot of homemade pound cakes and stuff from the little old ladies at christmas. and two weeks ago an old man gave me a 6 lb bass, 3 huge bream, and a 2 lb or so blue catfish

5. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Several of my customers give me $100 for Christmas. I get around $1200 total for presents from my customers.

6. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

When i had a mowing business years ago with my father, we had about 70 Italian customers, each one would get us a bottle of wine for Christmas, when we got a bottle we would exchange it with the next customer so every one was happy, they all got presents and it cost us nothing :)

7. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I under bid a job big time and the homeowner knew it. I was kicking myself the entire time my guys were on the job. I charged the guy $65 and he gave me $125. He said for $65 buck he was expecting a half job but when he seen the finshed product he had to pay what he felt the job was worth.

8. aceman71

aceman71 LawnSite Member

Had a customer give me a nice little 16 foot motorboat..everything worked good on it and it was ready for the water.....makes u want to work your heart out for them!

9. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i forgot about that. one customer gave me a 94 buick lesabre which wasn't running. $100 in parts got it going and i gave it to my mother in law. you are right though. her house stays PERFECT now!!

10. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

one customer game me a stihl fs80 weed trimmer 2 weeks after I bought one. another lady has given me tips from 5-20.00 all season.