whats your biggest tip ??? ($$$$ wise)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sandgropher, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

:laughing: :laughing:

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

500 bucks each year from one couple at Christmas

3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

my most ever was $185.00 tip for a 7 pallet sod install .

4. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

Not lawn care related but the biggest tip I ever got was a quail hunt I guided the guy handed me 2-$100 bills at lunchtime before we went back out in the afternoon. Of course I also stripped apart his neglected Remington 1100 12 gauge and cleaned/stripped the fouling off the previously well oiled magazine tube then replaced the worn O-ring and went and shot about a dozen shells through it at clays then handed it back to him.

I'd guide that guy again anyday, even though his 1100 wasn't ejecting shells he was still doing better than 50% of the guys I guide, he was one of the few I've hunted with that hit almost everythign with 1 shot.

5. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

My biggest tip was a brand new 8hp Little Wonder blower from a customer. Man was i happy that day!

6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I get tips every week avg $5, one customer gives me $5 extra per cut on a $35 lawn and she gives me homemade blueberry muffins that I eat for breakfast the next 2 mornings. Christmas time I get tips ranging from $25-100. I've gotten riding lawn mowers, push mowers, trimmers, food, just got a brand new bike that one of my customers doesn't want they said they decide not to ride. I have one customer that I can't wait until Christmas because he gives people crazy gifts like one guy got a brand new 60" t.v. delivered to his house, bet that was a surprise. Even if I don't get anything I still made over 20k from them. I have the best customers!

7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

$100.00 tip and $100.00 pair of snowboots when I got snowed in with that client that time. Then he always gave me $100.00 birthday and Christmas tips. Too bad he shot himself in the head. Sure do miss that cust.

8. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

On one $45 job he pays me $50 every week, one customer gives me $150 - $200 every time he comes and the same everytime he leaves (3-4 times a year). Can't even begin to mention Christmas Bonus. With XMas bonus I have bought a very nice pair of Schwarofski Binos, several Mengalson prints and my Fort Knox gun safe.

9. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

On one $45 job he pays me $50 every week, one customer gives me $150 - $200 every time he comes and the same everytime he leaves (3-4 times a year). Can't even begin to mention Christmas Bonus. With XMas bonus I have bought a very nice pair of Schwarofski Binos, several Mengalson prints and my Fort Knox gun safe. Wife hasd gotten $400 cowboy boots from one customer.

10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Got $100 at the end of the season once. Numerous $5-$25 throughout the season, or at the end of the year.

Got a 36" TV once. Was talking to a customer who was in the process of moving, and he said, "Hey I have no place for this TV at the new house, do you want it?" It works great.