Whats your business name?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jeffh1988, Feb 7, 2007.

1. jeffh1988

jeffh1988 LawnSite Member
    from MS

SO i'm going legit this year and am working on getting an LLC going i have new equipment ordered and work lined up. I've been operating underr my name due to my age limiting me but now that i'm of age i'm going to do this all right but.......I can't for the life of me think of a good name. The generic persons name followed by lawn care, mowing, yard service, etc doesn't appeal to me. I'm looking for something thats creative to set me apart from the competition. I have thought and thought and thought some more but creativity is not a strong point! So i would like to hear some of the creative names out there to see if i can get my brain jumpstarted with some new ideas. Any suggestions are welcome i'm starting from scratch on this name thing so nothing imparticular has to be included i offer mainly general maintenance and very light landscape work along with a variety of other odds and ends i do so lets here some ideas guys.

Thanks
    Jeff

by the way the most creative thing i've thought of so far is i once saw a picture of a donkey pushing a lawn mower so i wanted to come up with a business card with my business name and the logo of the donkey below it and my slogan under the logo would be, "Don't be an ASS let us cut your grass!" but don't think that'd fly to well with most folks!

2. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

Leading Edge Lawn Care
    Slogan- "It's nice to be in the Lead"

3. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

All Season's Lawn Mantince

4. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Try some less-used words for grass or land in general like turf, terra ..
    And maybe add your area like town name, county name, region ..

where in MS are ya neighbor?

Oh and I'd forget the jackass ..

5. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

Your grass is mine!! on a sun visor type thing across his front windshield. He's very successful cause our area didn't have any real business besides solo guys w/ a helper and no signs on the trucks and stuff like that. That's one reason I started a mow and go business....he does landscaping too though.

Just Grass "Lawn Mowing"

Peace,
    Gary

6. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Keep your name . It's the one thing that your dad gave you that no one else can and you should be proud of it . Most people will remember your given name and it's easy for them to reference . I don't have to do a lot of registering business names in different cities we work in or some of the other hassles of a dba . It's a good marketing angle to have your name on your truck ; protecting your good name is motivation enough .

7. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

A catchy name does great (at least in my area)....you can also look at "Just Mow It"...once he got rich he put his name over it. But I know in my area a lot of people know the business name in just one season cause it's catchy I guess. If I get huge I'll throw my name out there too. :)

8. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

Awesome Acres, LLC

this name just came to me. i dont have a slogan or anything... i just let my work speak for itself. i did however, almost do something like what you're thinking bout.... with the donkey and all... but i was gonna use a mule and i actually made a business card with a mule on it.... it came out pretty good too.

9. mike33087

mike33087 LawnSite Member

Northeast Property Maintenance

10. Precisionlc9

Precisionlc9 LawnSite Member

Some of the names above are cool but you can have the most professional name with all the catchy phrases you want but if you do sh!!ty work it won't matter. So all I'm saying is concentrate on your business and the name will follow.