Whats your city DUMP FEES?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ATL Lawn, Nov 1, 2005.

1. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

How much does your area dumps charge you guys? here its $35-$45ton (for tree/grass/leaves debris) and avg wait time 5-10mins. i was told that was cheep vs nationwide prices. just wondering.

2. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

That is cheap. I have a facility close by that charges $65/ton. I believe demo debris is even more. They open at 4:30 am, so I usually go early, never have to wait in line.

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Ours is free they have alarge area for small branches and yard waste only. Real handy when I do cleanups I use the dump trailer with sides and from anywhere in town the dump is probably only about 5 to 10 minutes away.

4. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

its free for us too!!!

5. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

look at the locations, Im in MD right in Annapolis, Between DC and Baltimore, we pay $65.00 ton.

6. MR HYDROSEED

MR HYDROSEED LawnSite Member

I live on the same road as my town dump, pretty convenient right? well, not when they charge 6 cents a pound. I was going there and loading my own compost for awhile for free and then they yelled at me towards the end of the season. They said it's not for commercial use. i was a little po'd since i pay $5400 in town taxes a year!

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

we pay $100/ton for brush/leaves. they do not accept grass.

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

no city dump, so I pay $15 at the local dump site to dump anything I want, execpt stuff with nails in it and roofing material. I can dump grass, leaves, concrete, brush, etc. Its $15 for an 8ft bed wth 2foot sides. So thats like 5 yards :)

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

free here.

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

FREE!! But only open 8 to 5... They take everything, just has to be offloaded into the appropriate site. Compost, brush, demo., trash, metal, concrete.

I used to think all the seperation was dumb, but I appreciate that fact that it's FREE and I obide. It cheeses me off when I see brush and trash bags in the compost pile... That means that someone has to go thru it and dig all that crap out, costing the taxpayers more money for labor.