1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's your colors ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenngrow, Nov 20, 2002.

1. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

I did the search and really did not find answer to my question.

I am considering going to uniforms next year.

A couple of questions..

1. What do you provide.

2. What is consider apporperate attire. Blue jeans vs Kakhi

3. T shirts vs collar shirts

4. Screen print or not to screen print???

5. What colors do you use?

Thanks in advance for your replies
  2. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i suggest many option, the u.s. navy does uniform of the day.. depending on the weather it can change.. also only screen print the company small on the front, the big stuff on the back looks like a cheesey softball uniform
  3. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

My partner and I are in the process of gearing up as well. We are going with Kakhi shorts (jean shorts are too hot). I posted a question a while back and it was recommended to me to use a cotton/polyester blend (it holds its shape and breaths better). My partner likes dark colored shirts (hides dirt better) but I am pushing towards light colors (cooler).
  4. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

Dickies work pants and light colored 100% cotton shirts with company name on the front. Dickies are cooler in the summer than jeans and clean better. I/We stay away from shorts too much debris on the legs and Rockport boots on the feet water proof and they also help keep dirt and clippings out of your boots. Everyone dressed the same provides a professional impression.
  5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

We use kakhi pants year round, nothing like a rock being hurled at the shins! Our shirts are cotton t-shirts with our company logo, name, and number on the back. T-shirts are just a lot cooler and feel better than polo shirts do. We are getting some hats, light jackets, and a few dozen polos here around Thanksgiving.

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Khaki shorts

Gray cotton shirts (with a collar) with green logo's

The shorts please the employee
    The collar gives the "professional" vibe
    The gray color keeps you cool and sort of hides the stains