What's your daily record?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by bodaggin, Nov 25, 2013.

1. bodaggin

bodaggin LawnSite Member

What is the most lawns you have cut in 1 day.

Try to include:

-Average size of lawns.
    -Hours worked (start to stop time).
    -Size of crew.

Ready, go:

2. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

A good topic but one that will be hard for some people to believe. BELIEVE IT OR NOT my son and I did 35 properties working from 6am to 545pm. We did 3 commercial properties from 6am till 730am then started on residentials yards. Mostly 75' x 150' from 730 am till quitting at 545pm. We did this on a Thursday as we needed to be gone Friday and Saturday for a family function.

3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

3 man crew- 25 ranging from all different sizes.
    Fertlizing by myself I did 33 in one day ranging from all different sizes and having to go get more fertilizer. Spraying by best is 22 going through 1000 gallons.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

When I had my business in So California I did 22 in one day, all small and I averaged 12 per day. here in Alabama the standard of living is way higher and the yards are big, I average now 2 yards, I did 4 one time over summer because of all the rain and I thought I was gonna die.

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

6000 square feet

9 hours shop to shop

Me :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Senior Member

42 with a 3-man crew this summer, sizes from zero lots to about 1/3 acre and everywhere in between. I think it was 10 1/2 hrs on the clock. We kept the route tight... We had about 12 zero lots in one subdivision that day which helped us hit those numbers, a few were on the same street.

7. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Sure! I bet it has more to do with getting old. :laugh::laugh::laugh: (I'm in the same boat)

8. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

I've done 21 2 guys 8 hours. .25-.75 acre. Most yards here range from 1-10 acres but I just hit small yards to see how many we could slam out in one day

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

The "getting" part of old is over.:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

10. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Brother and I did 22 .. 50 x 150 yards with 21 inch lawnmowers 9am to 445 no lunch break..mowed each yard twice jn those days to make them look nice...all lawnboy push mowers without drive
    ..several were grouped together and drive time was very minimal

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013