Whats Your Dream Machine?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedMax Man, Oct 14, 2006.

1. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

My Gravely 260Z with the Ultracut deck and a 21 hp Kubota diesel but with a turbo, so probably 23 or 24 hp overall.

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

My dream machine would be a lazer or any ZTR, thats leaves a clean perfect cut everytime, even in tall wet grass, a machine that requires NO double, or triple cutting 99.999% of the time.

3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Wouldn't we all? And the one that greases itself and changes the oil at the push of a button. Also runs on water, right?

Thats my dream mower.

Just put a tube of grease in it, push the button and it is all greased. Push another button, it changes the oil for you. Then I get a bucket of water to fill it up.

When is it coming out eXmark? :drinkup:

4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

in theory it wouldn't add too much cost to make a mower that is self greasing, a tube of grease in the engine compartment with hoses running over the mower to the grease points, providing the correct amount of grease at all times.

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Spindles require more grease than most of the other grease points. You would have grease oozing out of all the other points just to get the spindles full, unless they created some sort of switch where you can only put grease into the spindles.

You would also have to deal with a pump and what not...

It would be cool if somebody could make it work though.

6. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

My realistic mower, wildwest already has it, but mabey with the clamshell bagger. My unrealistic mower, scag sabre tooth tiger 31hp turbo charged diesel and the 72'' deck, mabey a few open achres to clear my head mowing!

7. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark FrontRunner with 25 Kubota Diesel and a 52" Deck.

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Engines that run on water have been invented for some time. However, the technology won't ever get to the public because Big Oil has to much power.

9. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

They haven't built it, yet.

It has a SuperZ frame with the same wheel pumps and motors.
    It has a 66" Deere 7-Iron deck with mulch on demand.
    It's powered by a Kawasaki 34 hp liquid-cooled EFI engine.
    It has built in headlights in front of the fuel tanks and "clearance lights" on both sides and one in the back.
    The tachometer/hour meter and engine warning lights are built into the foot plate in front of me (not to the side where I'm not looking).
    It has dedicated tie down loops on all four corners.
    Weight adjustable seat.

By the way; while I'm mowing with this machine, I'm wearing a set of digital AM/FM satellite headphones with built in cell phone. When a call comes in, the radio mutes itself. :)

10. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to have a mower with all the features of my Convertible mower and has a 52" deck that mulches thick tall bluegrass perfectly with no stringers and no clumps at 10 to 12 mph in a driving rain with no buildup under the deck and no blow out when crossing a sidewalk. :laugh: :laugh: