Whats your estimate? PICS

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by harddog00, Apr 8, 2008.

1. harddog00

harddog00 LawnSite Member

The pics included show a clean up job and regular maintenance. Would like to know an idea of what to charge for the clean up. Im thinkin' around 560 to 600. What do you guys think?

Cottonwood 001.jpg

Cottonwood 002.jpg

Cottonwood 003.jpg

Cottonwood 004.jpg
  2. Littletruck

Littletruck LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have no idea. What will you actually be doing? Do me a favor and let me know what you ended up getting for the job and post after pics.

3. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

i probably wouldn't go over 500 on it, but that's just me, and also the area that I work in. Your area and competition is going to be different.
  4. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

$600.00 cleanup leaves, sticks, etc. Cut new bed, trim shrubs plants, and mulch.
  5. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Go higher, your cutting new edges and mulch cost $. write down all of your cost including labor, and ad an extra hour in, itwill never go as smoothly as you thought it would, then ad what you would like to make for your time. see where that number comes out and come back to us and we cand review it.
  6. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I would be all over that job for 500 dollars. I would bid it at 500 because it looks like all you have to mulch is around that sign which should not be more than a yard of mulch and some clean up. I would have that job done in 2 hours.

7. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I would bid around $700, figure three guys 2.5-3hrs including total clean up and mulch. To that you have your daily costs of equipment etc.. plus dumping fees. I would be cleaning everything not just that front bed and grasses. The grass runs into the street, make it look clean do it right.
  8. CreationWilmington

CreationWilmington LawnSite Member

Just a thought here, but the house across the road in the pic looks to be fairly large. Maybe as a part of your estimate you could give them a break for allowing you to put a small sign out there as advertising for your company. I'm sure it will be noticed if the entry way has looked like that for any period of time. Most people who would allow their entrance to get in that bad of a condition, probably won't mind a small sign out front. To the average passer-by, you will have proverbialy turned water into wine with just a few hours of work. Also, by knocking a hundred bucks off your price, you should be well under any other bids, and more than likely will make that hundred bucks back many times over, as people will see you as a miracle worker. All of this, of course, is contingent upon your quality of work. If you do a sub-par job, and put your sign out, obviously it will have an opposite affect.
  9. harddog00

All he is wanting is a cleanup i.e. sticks, trash, weeds, trim, and mow. I do not think he is wanting new mulch down which is definatly not going to look as great as it could with new mulch. I am going to make sure on the mulch though. As it stands right now there is no material cost, only gas and labor. So what is your guys final bid thought?
  10. harddog00

Well, i submitted my bid today.....my final offer was 550.