Whats your favorite conditions to operate in?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

The title basically describes it all, just tell your favorite condition running equipment, like weather, piece of equipment, what task, stuff like that..

My favorite condition has to be on the skidsteer with the grapple bailing brush out of the woods, on a cold feburary day running as fast as I can but keeping quality up with my mp3 playing, I dont know why but I really like doing that, I love working as fast as I can and still keeping my quality up, its like my personal challenge.

2. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

All time favorite would be out raking hay on a nice warm summer day with a slight breeze on an old letter series Deere or Farmall.

For construction equipment I'd have to say grinding wood when the machine is working right. Watching machines like that work just fascinates me. Just the brute power of the grinder ripping through whatever you put into it.

Either that or setting galleries or storm drains with a big excavator. I just think it's so cool that you have so much power, yet you can move things with such precision.

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

oh wow junior dont you just sound like a little poet. "on a cold febuarary day" haaaaaaa.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. bobcatuser

bobcatuser LawnSite Senior Member

My favorite is, going plowing with my 2500HD for the first snow fall of the season.:clapping:

5. Junior M

Your just jealous you aint got my skills picasso! :laugh: :laugh:

6. CAT powered

How cold could it possibly be in South Carolina? 40? 50?

7. Junior M

It has been down to 17 before. People here have no clue what real cold is here, they need to go up north for a week...

8. CAT powered

I see we're thinking along the same lines.

Real cold is when it's 35 degrees and raining.

9. Junior M

Real cold is 12 with the wind blowing in your face, that is just freaking ridiculously cold!

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Junior if your feeling real froggy come out West this Winter and we will see if we cant rustle up some -30 to -40 below lot clearing.