What's Your Favorite Respirator???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by groundsguy1970, Jan 21, 2002.

1. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

WHAT BRAND AND TYPE DO YOU PREFER?

I use this no-name OSHA/MISHA half mask w/ 2 cartridges. I change them every 6 hours ( or when I can smell "it"...) ;)
    Anybody use the " killer " in AIR-WEAR???

2. greensman

greensman LawnSite Member

What do you spray that OSHA requires a mask for out doors that is for turf & ornamental

3. greengeezer

greengeezer LawnSite Member

Years ago, before the TG/CL merger, it was suggested that we get rid of any resporator we had in the branch.

The reason given at that time was that we had no products that required their use except in close quarters (which was being fazed out).(ie. getting inside the tanks).

Also, by having one on the premises, we fell into a whole other chasm of OSHA regulations. Those included maintenance records, training records, testing records, fittings ect. The potentiol for fines were outragous.

I know how you may feel better by using one but the hoops you have to jump thru to be legal may not be worth it.

Kind of ironic isn't it that you'd have to choose between your personal feeling of safety and government regulations.

Just my 2 cents worth

4. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

If I go out and spread NORSAC, I mask up. It stops the headaches and rock hard snot from falling out your nose!;)

Plus, people are less inclines to park on your piles in a parking lot if they see a masked fellow with some white powder!:cool: