1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite Summer Annual Flower?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TurfPro, Mar 21, 2003.

1. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Well, it's getting that time of year again,,time to think about Summer Annual Flowers for your high-end contracts.......at least for me anyway. I'm in Zone 7/8 and have several accounts that are flower crazy,,unfortunatey for me I'm not a Flower guru (like most of the Ladies at the jobsites).
    I'd like to stick with something that is Low,Low,Low maintenance and gives a nice burst of color all summer,,,or at least most of it.
    What do you all prefer?

Thanks in advance

2. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Begonias by far!

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Impatiens for me!

4. hoffmanlandscaping

hoffmanlandscaping LawnSite Member

Wave petunias!

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Wave petunias for me also. Beautiful and full of color! Best thing...once there establish they require very little water.

6. ConPro

ConPro LawnSite Member

I like to take a digital photo, measure the bed, sun or shade?, find out what the customer likes and how much they'll spend. Bring that to my supplier, let them figure it out. They know way more than me. I try and get $1 per flower unless it's more than a dollar. Then I charge 2 1/2 what it is.

7. purple waves by far.

8. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Love the waves, anyone have new varities this season?
    Colors etc...

9. this is a shot of purple waves we did at a home, they turned out great.

10. oops the picture.

front view.jpg