what's your favorite type of work?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 22, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

what is your favorite to do? myself, i like mulch, love mulch, brown gold i call it. if you have a good distributer, u can make a mint on mulch. i am getting so many mulch calls, it's unreal. it's all small stuff, 2-5 yds, but it's very profitable. just yesterday in fact, i measured the beds, i needed 5 yds, i charged for 5 yds, i only paid for 3(my man is very generous on the scoup), and made out great. i'm mulching every day now. so, what's your favorite type of work?

2. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

I like bikini waxing and ...

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i know park, me too. one time in a bar, i told a lady i was a gynecologist, and giving free exams. she didn't buy it

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

hands down fertilization is my fav. If I could, I would love to do that every single day

5. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I love work - I can sit for hours and just look at it!

I like doing home improvement and remodeling work - more challenging and better paying than mowing lawns.

6. parkwest

how about my idea for a free breast exam clinic???

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Bobby
    Where do you find the time to do so many mulch jobs so early in the season I thought you worked by yourself most of the time.Did you hire someone already.

8. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

My favorite work is buying stock breaking out of a solid base on massive volume and running 100+%

9. parkwest

I think buying a million dollars worth of raw land, then developing it and selling for 3 million is a lot of fun

10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i personally love doing bobcat work and installing sod.......laying stripes for the first time in the spring is great too, but that gets old quick.