whats your funniest injury while using your ride-on?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by indyturf, Aug 26, 2009.

1. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Monday I was servicing a heavily wooded lawn on my pg. went between 2 trees and bumped the left tire. this jerked my handle bars very hard! when I looked down my left index finger was diagonal under my other fingers! ouch!!!!
    I tried to finish the lawn using another finger to operate the weed control switch.. that lasted about a minute! I started sweating and got really:dizzy: light headed! so I got off the pg and started walking to my truck.. made it about 20ft! then took about a 10min nap in my customers front lawn!

2. Pythium

Pythium LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

That doesn't sound funny. Hope you are all right.
    I have smacked my head on tree branches on more than one occasion.

3. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

While doing a lawn with a walk behind machine I was so fixated on looking at the lawn that I did not notice that the customer had tied a wire anchor from around a tree to the middle of the lawn. I walked into the wire at full stride, the machine went one way and I went the other. Not funny at the time but would have looked hysterical if caught on tape and posted on youtube. I had a bruise from under my right arm which ran diagonally across my chest up to the left side of my neck. :eek:

4. ColoradoJake

ColoradoJake LawnSite Member

While using a PG, I was doing a small residential lawn, and the throttle got stuck. The PG drop three feet of this curb and since it was full, it catapulted me over it and I bang my knee on the machine. As I got up I pushed my pant leg against my knee and blood shot out. I looked at it and was missing some skin. I walked to the van, patched myself up, flipped the ride-on back over and finished up the lawn. As I got back to the shop I showed the secretary and she took me to the emerge-a-care. I got 4 stitches but there was no other damage to the knee. The bad part was that this was on a Saturday and the only reason I was working cause a tech called in sick. He said that he ate bad taco’s (hangover). I was back on the ride-on on Monday.

5. chrisby316

chrisby316 LawnSite Member

I was on my zspray cruising along and didn't notice the overhang of the roof was jusr about 6 feet off the ground. Took it right off the forehead. When I was able to stand up I made sure no one saw it ans went on my way. I also was screwing around on the z one day at our shop and was standing in the fert boxes while driving it. My hands slipped off the handles which stopped the machine in its tracks and sent me flying over the hopper doing a full front flip. Luckily I landed it and then noticed that our mowing and our landscape crew had watched the whole thing. Still hear about it at least once a week.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

Two broken ribs.

Believe me, I wasn't laughing.

7. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

I have had lots of injuries over the years but none of them were funny. Most were painful and made me feel really dumb. Ya just want to look around and make sure no one saw you.

8. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

DO IT AGAIN I GOT TO SEE THIS :laugh::laugh::laugh: make sure you film it!

9. turfman07

turfman07 LawnSite Member

I was spraying a backyard with my Z-spray and didn't notice the customers clothes line. I was going 5.5mph when it hit me at nose level. Knocked me off the machine and peeled some skin off my nose! :dizzy: As far as I know, nobody saw me. Now when I go back to that yard, I always remember the clothesline!

10. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

He would have taken A LOT more than day off. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device