1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats your job landing percentage?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GroundScapesIncorporated, Feb 19, 2007.

1. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

How many of the jobs you qoute do you actually get?

Seems like I land less and less jobs each year, the competition here is awful. For one thing there is to many people wanting to get into this industry and for another 80% of the work done around here is not done properly for a cheap price.

I did not get 6 out of the last 10 jobs I have qouted, most of which were good jobs, that I really would have liked to have got.

So whats your percentage? Mine would be approx 40%
  2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine's higher than that, but I'd say it's because letting folks know on the phone that the design fees start at $xxx and go up from there really weeds out the tirekickers.
  3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I can tell you exactly what our closing rate is.

We're at 30%.

I am a firm believer that all contractors should know their sales closure rate.

I have made a sheet on XL for tracking our SALES CLOSURE RATE.

I never knew mine, till about three years ago, and what an eye opener it was. And thats when I started charging consultation fees. Once I saw the amount of time and gas I was wasting chasing jobs, I knew I HAD to change.

If anyone is interested in receiving a copy of this tracking sheet, please shoot me a private message and you must include your e-mail address.

Also, you will need Excel to open it, which almost all computers with Windows have XL.

Please state how many jobs you want it to track annually. The options are: 200, 500 or 1000.

If you are not watching your sales closure ratios - you may as well be driving with your eyes shut.
  4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

We're around 35%. Our closure rates seemed to be getting better latter in the year, as we had more referral work.

DVS, I'd like a copy, (500) mark@gmlandscapes.com

5. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

6. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

A couple of years ago we where at 50%! i have yet to tally up last year to see where we are. i know it went down though, a lot.
  7. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Our closure rate for 2006 was 40%. That has pretty much stayed the same the last couple of years.
  8. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

9. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

STONE SCAPES LawnSite Member