Whats your leaf Clean-up Process?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by lawnproslawncare, Mar 10, 2008.

What process do you use

1. Blow beds, mow once, mow/bag final

21 vote(s)
  2. blow beds, mow/bag final

49 vote(s)
  3. Blow, blow, blow...hey we reached the curb/woods boss!

32 vote(s)
  4. Blow, HEHE I got a Walker! :p

22 vote(s)
  1. lawnproslawncare

lawnproslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What are your steps for clean up?
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Mine varies from job to job. On one it might be just blowing everything into the woods and on the next it might be blowing and then bagging. They're all different and are handled on a case by case basis.
  3. markahurley

markahurley LawnSite Senior Member

i agree. it all depends on the job. ideally, there is a place on site to blow the leaves to (woods/natural area), but when there are large amounts of leaves, i've found the fastest method to still be blowing and tarping. i drag the piles to the curbside for pickup or to my trailer to dump. once all the piles are accounted for, i mow and bag what's left.
  4. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

blow in to a woods or natural area if there is one if not blow and tarp and drag them to the crubside for pick or or threw them in my trailer
  5. grasscutter845

grasscutter845 LawnSite Member

Blow everything then go over it w the bagger then suck it all up
  6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Nothing Special - we just mow every 7 days with double blades, and the leaves just disappear. They get chopped up so fine, the blend right back into mother earth.
  7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

In the spring, I blow and rake the beds, power brush the lawn and pick up with the vac unit. Most properties I can dump in the woods.
  8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Mulch them up with gator blades.
  9. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Blow the beds, suck it all up, and move on to the next one. I do not mulch anything, I think it looks like sh*t and is not an image that I want conected to my service. Just my opinion.
  10. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Then you don't know how to properly mulch leaves. I quit removing leaves over 15 years ago. I work for some very discerning folks and they can't believe that their leaves are mulched back into the lawn. The end result looks like the lawn has been vacuumed. Then there is the benefit of adding OM back into the soil, along with reduced fertilizing requirements. MANY university studies have been done to verify the benefit to the turf by mulching them back into the soil. Why haul off something that can return big dividends to the turf??