Whats your minimum in Michigan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Just Cut, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

I was just wondering what your minimum fee is for mow, edge trim, blow for lawn contractors in Michigan

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

my minimum for a residential lawn is $25.00. you should never go below that. remember, you have to drive to the lawn, drop the gate, get the mower off, get it on the lawn, start it and go.this all takes time and gas. the only time i would go below $25 is if i have several lawns next to each other or in the same neighborhood. then i give group discounts.

what part of michigan? i'm near Flint.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

My minimum for Michigan would be about $1000. Mostly due to drive time. :p

Sorry couldn't resist. :D

4. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Hoss

I'm not even sure you could come out at a thousand.

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I do 2 lawn that butt up to each other, they might total together 8000 sq ft., I charge $15.00 for each one. I'm there maybe 15 minutes. Thats for mow/blow/trim.
    Most of my lawns are around the 30-40 dollar amount.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It would have to be a real tight route with at least 8-10 lawns in the area. :D

7. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

I am in the Fint area (davison) and we get $30-55 for subdivision lawns. $55 is for the older folks that talk your ear off after you are done.

8. dr grass

dr grass Banned

i dont go below 25.00. unless there are a few lawns right next to each other and we dont have to drive back to the truck and reload etc... i dont charge people for talking to me. if i have the time i talk to them.if i dont i tell them i gotta get going. oh well, to each his own .....

Shep

9. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

"Talk Time" = Upsale time!:)

"Looks like it's about time to trim those shrubs and freshen up that mulch bed. How about the addition of some nice annuals too?" ;)

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

SLS is right, BS ing with the customers is a golde opportunity. turn it from a negative (waste of time) to a positive (sales opp.)