What's your Minimum????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Mar 26, 2002.

?

What's your Minimum??? ( choose closest $ )

1. $15 and less

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. $20

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. $25

36 vote(s)
    34.6%
  4. $30

26 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. $35 and up

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I realize this comes up quite often in threads, but seeing that a new season is upon us, I thought I would ask this. What is the least amount you would charge to mow a yard? And please, let's try to refrain from arguing. It should be interesting to see what parts of the country get what prices. Mine is $30/cut.

LAWNS AND MOWER

2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $20 right now cause I'm only a kid but eventually I want the prices to go up to about $30. $20 satisfies me right now and it helps beat out the other landscapers trying to get business. Once the people realize that I do an excellent job they will have no problem paying for $30 a cut.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$30...but then again, it takes longer to get the equipment off the trailer than it does to mow the yard. Any body else have those kind of jobs?

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

With everything on the rise, this year I will be at 30.00 minimun.
    BUT, I have 3 condos next to each other that take 10 minutes each to cut and trim with a 21 inch toro. I get 17.00 a peice for these properties.:D I would love to have 100 of these!!!!

5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck yeah...it takes me about 2 minutes per account to juggle with equipment. I can tell you for a fact that it is a pain moving 1 36" , 2 48" , 1 61" Z....and a21" push not fun if you need the 36" which is at the front will take a few minutes to unload onto the street which looks bad .

6. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

New quotes $25. I do have some in the 20s around my home town. I even had some in the 15 range but I am worken them up or out.

7. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

Mine minimum is $30
    cut, trim, edge and blow NOTHING with a 21" either with 36" or 60" ZTR and now I have a new 52" Turf Tracer to mix in.
    My neighbours I do for 20-25 but have 5 of them and I have cut them for many years.

Not to pick on anyone in particular but Lawnkid said that he is starting at $20 and would like them to go up to $30, even with doing an excellent job you probably wont be able to jump from 20-30 very easily with customers you have serviced before.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

$35 and ^

9. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have 1 acct. that takes me less than 5 minutes to Mow, trim, edge, & blow. It is right on my route, so I charge $15 per cut. This customer also has me do bed clean-up, mulching, leaf removal. etc... so it to me is worth a stop for $15.00

10. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

With the account I do have. I have to make $30.00 an hour
    to cover cost.

So yes.... if it takes me an hour then I would say $30.00 is
    profitiable......:confused: