1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's your minimum?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Currier, Dec 14, 2000.

1. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I think we've hit this before but couldn't find anything in the search. What is your minimum price for weekly mowing and trimming? I used to say $25.00 but I have moved it up to $35.00. Obviously there are lots of other factors that affect price: Location to other customers, obstacles, gates, etc.

Basically I'm looking at 1/4 to 1/2 acre lawns. Pretty straight forward to mow trim and edge. All zero turn possible. Just curious as to how you all handle your "starting price" as you approach a bid.

2. JVS

JVS LawnSite Member

Good question. I think we should at least charge a stop fee for all the labor we put into a service visit. I believe $30 -$35 is a fair starting fee.

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

Seniors get a minuminm of $35 al others is $45 to start.these are minum
  4. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

My lowest lawn price is $14.00
    This lawn requires weed wip maybe once every three weeks and no blowing. Its a piece of square lawn about 20ft by 15 ft. Just enough to make a nice turn with the dixie and three overlapping stripes and out of there in about 3.5 minutes from start time. It takes me more time to unload than to cut the place. If i had a hundered in a row i could cut them in an hour. These people are easy to deal with and i love the small quilky jobs that add up.
  5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

yo bdemir--did you ever get the blower rotational problem fixed on your vac unit?

6. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Currently I carry a $20 minumum, which I believe is a tad too low. This next spring I will raise it to $25, possibly $30, I'll have to see.
  7. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Opps......wrong posting sight!!!!
  8. SpringValley

SpringValley LawnSite Member

I have a $35 minimum and $35/hour. I have one account that I charge $29/hour and if she adds anything extra we just stay longer. We average approximately 3 man hours/visit for that one account.

Spring Valley
    (Located in West Central Indiana)
  9. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I'm ashamed to say 20$. A lot of guys in town would cut off a finger to get my prices and I am low. However this area won't support much more. In my paper today an article on average wages stated that in the greater Seattle area their av. wage was 46k ayear where my area is 21k!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So I guess I should be lucky to get what I do and at least I av. 42.00 an hour working by myself.
  10. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Twotoros, don't be ashamed. It's the same here. $18-20 for 80x125 yard. Before I started my lawn business, I was making about $6.00 per hour. This is like a major raise for me. Plus I am working for myself.