What's your opinion of G6 blades for side discharge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by RyanA97, May 22, 2013.

1. RSNovi

RSNovi LawnSite Member
    from MI

I just ordered a set of G5's for my Hustler Fastrak today.

2. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

3. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

Quit using mine cuz of the stranglers,now use low lift double blades on my snapper

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

G5/6 blades are wider and thus heavier than most other blades. Since the G5s are thinner than the G6s = therefore lighter...making for less strain on your clutch when engaging/disengaging.

I'm now pleased with my G5s on my Q32. In the earlier real lush Spring growth in April, they were not doing nearly as well as now.

5. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

i dont like them as much as the scag high lifts, they leave some grass uncut, dont cut as clean, and dont hold an edge as long, i just tried them on my 52 vride , has the FX730v Kawi on it , just my .02

6. Paineless Creations

Paineless Creations LawnSite Member

I just bought a 2012 Z920A 48" deck set up as a side shooter, anybody know the part number on the blades I should get and if I should get G5 or G6

7. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I just got my set in the mail the other day. I cant wait to try them, I just need the foot of snow to melt of the lawns around here!

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

High lifts as in "more lift than the G5/G6" will always leave a tighter finished cut. Are G5/G6 blades better for the lawn by reducing the clipping particles...? Yes.

I even use the G5's in the 15.25" length on my BOP Quick 44 with the mulch plate in place. Works very well overall even in mulch mode.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Your deck comes with .250" thick high lift blades, so the G6's will work fine, but the G5's may do even better if you feel like you are low on power in heavy spring growth. Except for thickness, they are identical.

G6- 396-770

G5- I don't see them listed as of right now

10. ohbuckhunter

ohbuckhunter LawnSite Member

Where do y'all order your blades from. The only dealer around me that's a organ dealer is a not so nice person. I bought them off him last year but don't ever wanna spend another dollar in his shop.
    Posted via Mobile Device