1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

whats your personal grass consist of?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Nov 15, 2006.

whats your lawn consist of?

1. A: One specific type of seed

15 vote(s)
  2. B: A couple of variations of seeds

42 vote(s)
  3. C: Mostly weeds with a little bit of grass

14 vote(s)
  4. D: I don't have a lawn of my own.

0 vote(s)
  1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

just a poll to see how we all take care of our own lawns. i'll tell you first off mine is mostly weeds. If you got any pics that you wanna show, feel free. lets have some fun with this one. thanks. randy
  2. GrasshopperLC

GrasshopperLC LawnSite Member

My lawn mainly consist of ky31 fescue w/very little bermuda.
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

My front yard is St. Augustine. My back yard is a secret blend of St. Augustine, Bahia, and weeds! It stays cut though!
  4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

creeping fed fescue, bluegrass, and perennial rye
  5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Common bermuda with annual ryegrass right now.
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

here is an upclose shot of our grass. PennState MVP

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

very nice Jodi...for us it is mostly fescue and blue.
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Thanks rod, but in all fairness, we just have a small plot in the front and back to take care, but we do try our best to keep it looking good. It still tough though, never enough hours in the day. Besides, I seem to focus more on the flower beds. Nothing brings me as much peace as working with flowers.
  9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Well, I dont own a lawn obviously, but my parents lawn here is 90% fescue/10% Bermuda in front and most of the back, then the side 25 feet or so from the garage to the neighbors property is about 50/50 bermuda/fescue, as the neighbors lawn gets NO attention other then mowing and the bermuda just took over the fescue, now it is taking over our side there too. Got new neighbors there in the last year or so, and the put in a irrigation system, guess I 'oughta try and sell them a lawn re-doing job. R-Up everything in late july, again end of august, and seed it in sept sometime, and have a perfect, beautiful, fescue lawn by the end of october.
  10. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Its funny you guys are talking about these different types of gras and stuff... I just mow lawns and edge stuff, I have no idea about the different types of grass..

I scalp my .7 acre weedpatch down every couple weeks...