whats your pick?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by P.Services, Sep 29, 2007.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

What would you rather have a 2000 f550 4x4 crew cab 6.0 diesel with 80k miles or four 1990 to 1995 chevy one tons gas engines two wheel drive with 50k-150k miles on them. The main point that is evident to me are the lower repair costs of the ford and the higher amount of work i could complete with four trucks. Lets say the four chevys may not be running all the time during summer but i would be able to take on alot more snow plowing come winter. lets hear what you think on this matter. Lets not get into a discussion of gas vs diesel! thanks in advance for any thoughts or options i have not previously considered.

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i personally would rather have 1 good piece of eqiup over 5 broken ones anyday

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

The 6.0 did not come out till 2003....did you mean 7.3?

4. P.Services

yes the truck i was looking at was a 2000 and they said it had a 6.0, im no expert so i figured they were right. but i must say i have always heard good things about the 7.3 and i have always heard about head bolts stretching on the 6.0

5. P.Services

i agree totally i cant even begin to discribe to you how tired i am of wrenching and painting. but i also would rather have 4 trucks pushin snow rather then one.

6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

even better if its a 7.3, I have no snow to push here so I didn't see that

7. P.Services

any more thoughts?

8. P.Services

bump!!!!!!

9. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Spend the $ and get good equip. Should not be a debate.