What's your screed board?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GreenMonster, Sep 20, 2005.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

What are you guys using for screed boards? I'm thinking about using something out of aluminum so it's lightweight, but not susceptible to warp and twist like wood. Thoughts?

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

We use Screed Boards purchased from most paver supply yards.

3. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Check that, we are now using magnesium.

4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the same

5. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Go for the magnesium Mark, they're the best....maybe you'll finally be able to get one of your patios flat! :D :D :D Just kidding! How's Wolfeboro been? I haven't been to that side of the lake in quite some time. Mainly been in Meredith, Center Harbor area which has been fine by me. Always hated driving 20 minutes south and then 30 minutes north. :dizzy: There must be an easier way.......? Tell the fam we said hello.

6. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Will you guys carry on your romance in private please :p

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I've screeded hundreds of garage floors with a wood screed. But that was concrete.

8. TerraVenture

TerraVenture LawnSite Member

look at bon tool they are a concrete and masonary tool supplier. You can get them at northern nurseries but I would by direct from bon tool. They are made from magnesium. I have a 6' and an 8' I plan on getting some longer ones. Bon has them up to 24'

9. PAPS Landscape Design

PAPS Landscape Design LawnSite Member
    from us

What size magnesiums are you guys all using? 1'', 1.5'', or 2.0'' ??? and what lengths do you own and are using...?

10. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

We use aluminum 1"X3" hollow for screed boards. Locally there is a metal supplier that sell a 15' piece for around $30 and $1.50 per cut. At that price you can have a full set of of different sizes for less than $100.

Kirk