1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats your setup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scagman, Dec 4, 2001.

1. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

I always like to see what everyone is using from trucks to line trimmers. Me 1991 Gmc sonoma 4.3 L longbed , 5" 10" lanscape trailer 32' scag belt drive 2 ariens 21's, br 400 blower, homelite trimmer,fs75 stihl edger also add what your future setup will be.Me 1997 Ford F-250 Xlt Diesel 6'-12' landscape trailer scag 52 wb hydro, scag 36 wb hydro both with sulky wheels, 2 honda commercials 216, 2 fs85 trimmers,and one employee
  2. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Started out with a 21" Toro Pro-Line and blower,trimmer, and a
    S-10 pick-up. Now I'm running a Walker MT w52" SD deck, Husky 322L,Sthil blower, and a 5'x10' open trailer. Still using the S-10. It's now for sale as it really don't have the GUT's to pull my equipment anymore. Only has the 2.2 4 banger. Moving up to a FULL SIZE of some sort. It was OK when I started with just a 21" and the handheld equipment. I didn't expect the business to GROW as fast as it did. My advice to new people starting out buy a FULL SIZE with a V-8 and 4WD if you plan on adding snow removal to your services.
  3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i knew my site would come in handy :D you can view numerous pictures of lawnsite.com members setups along with descriptions by going to my website at www.stslawncare.com be sure to check back often for i am adding pics all the time, my apologies to all who have been waiting havent added any in about a week due to being very busy at fire department. however any night now you will see atleast 10 more pictures up!

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

I ran a toro 48" s/d w/ velke, stihl fs-80 tristihlmmer, stihl fc-85 edger, stihl bc-80 handheld blower, stihl bg-420 back pack blower, and a commercial honda all year. just perchased a 26 hp. efi walker w/ a 48" ghs and a 52" s/d. i used a 5x8 utility trailer and that would fit all the equiptment, and now it just hold the walker and all the hand help equiptment. Here is few pictures.

truck and trailer 2001.jpg

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

Pic no. 2 Oh I can't forget my 96 Chevy Z71.

trailer 2001.jpg
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

7. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

We have:
    Scag Turf Tiger 52inch,
    JD F525 48inch three wheeler,
    Echo weed wacker,
    Echo hand blower,
    Echo Bush trimmer,
    6x12ft trailer, and a
    1998 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0L

Wish List:
    Ford F-450 Diesel Dumper
    another Turf Tiger 61inch
    A Scag Hydro WB 48inch
    a 7x16ft trailer
    Echo Stick Edger

Small business right now cause im in school but after i graduate ill be getting a bit bigger
  8. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow ScagMan...you can fit a 32 foot mower on a 5 inch by 10 inch trailer!?! lol just kiddin:)
  9. Duncan IN

Duncan IN LawnSite Member

After finishing 2 year I now have

2000 Dodge Ram 4x4 Diesel 5 speed:blob3:
    2001 Boss 8'2" V Plow

20' Doolittle Trailer Extended Tounge Two Ramp gates
    Wedge toolbox(most useful thing on the trailer)
    Gate Assisted springs(thebacksaver.com)

1999 52" Snapper Walk Behind with sulky
    2001 61" Scag Turf Tiger

Echo Backpack Blower
    Echo GT2000 (2)
    Echo Stick Edger
    Sthil 75 Blower Handheld
    21 Snapper Pushmower

Next Year I am Adding...

another scag to the lineup
    Weedeater Rack
    Switching 52" Snapper to a 48" Scag walkbhind

I don't advertise on my Truck because I have all I can handle by word of mouth. I do Wear uniforms from Aramark. Have name of business and name on shirt. Pants $15 and shirt $15 each, well worth it and no I don't get hot in them, they are comfortable.

10. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

what size is that truck? looks darn good and strong to me.... how about the width on that trailer? looks like u got two mowers side by side. do u have trouble with such a long trailer? would u like to put ur picture on my site?