whats your story? did you have a lot of critics while growing?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnjunky, Jun 19, 2013.

1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm my biggest critic.

2. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Only when I tell someone new what I do for a living, do I get the WEIRD EYE. Even though I started with a mini-van, rusty but trusty John Deere tractor and a boat trailer I made into a hauler no one ever said you are going to fail.
    Although I am certain many of my competitors now who remember when I was small, are shaking in their boots. Year 11 & still growing at a Serviceable" rate.

3. CAMS LAWN CARE

CAMS LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

I get told just about every other week that Im making a huge mistake. Like many others, my dad is by far my biggest critic. Even though he did it for 15 years, he constantly says things like "you have absolutely no future in this industry" or "you need to get a real job". He was basically given a fairly successful landscape business with several nice size commercial and residential customers. However, he threw it all away through tax evasion. Also, I grew up my entire life in a small private school. Many of those people that I thought were my friends for life definitely seem to now look down on me. I always make sure to conduct myself in a professional manner, but many people seem to view me as a laborer rather than an aspiring business owner. I have a very detailed plan to change all of that though!