Whats your temp threshold

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GrazerZ, Oct 6, 2006.

1. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys, when do you stop spraying weeds? How cold does it have to get before you stop? I have done it into late fall, late october or early november before. I have gotten great results in the spring with very few weeds on those lawns. I did those jobs with with my usually 3 way type chem with quick silver added in. anyone else try that before? Any here have sucess with "cool power" in the fall?

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Next week here they're talking 25-30 overnight with some snow showers.

I've already been doing a fall app, but dang, if it'll get up to 60 for the next 3-4 days after that, I'll look like a miracle worker on some of these yards of creeping charlie.

I'm running Momentum FX in a PG Ultra at 1oz / 1000.

3. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Geez. We're still waiting for temps to stop getting into the 90's every day. Haven't used a 2,4D based product since March because of the heat.

4. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

If it doesn't have snow on it, Spray It!

5. GrazerZ

Yea I hear ya. I think we will have all spraying done after monday. Hope. We have some lime to do still,about 3 pallets, and aerations. I haven't been selling aeration too hard though,getting a little bit sick of it all this time of year. I'm really hoping that we will be done in about 2 weeks...

6. GrazerZ

If your TG you will spray no matter what temp and snow cover or not.
    I get the biggest kick out of those guys putting down fert on snow covered lawns. and pre-m on snow covered lawns in the spring.

7. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i use cool power, works great. and you can spray until temps get to freezing (you wouldn't want your sprayer to freeze)