Whats your version of a "Spring Clean-up"?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by HighGrass, Mar 13, 2006.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

The reason I ask...
    I have a few people that have requested them this year and everybody has a different idea as to what it is. I do alot of "Fall clean-ups"...not so much in the spring.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

This is something only the perspective client can answer. It's usually the same in the fall....leaves blown out of bed and collect off the lawn.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's just a general cleanup. Get all of the leaves, cut down any ornamental grasses, pick up any deadfall from the trees. Just make the property ready for mulching and or lawn mowing.

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

My spring clean-ups consist of cleaning out all the beds, thatching the lawn and giving it the first cut and follow up with aeration and overseed. I also suggest adding edging and mulching.

5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

My spring clean-ups consists of picking up any remaining leaves that fell or blew around during the winter and picking up twigs and branches that fell on the yard. Basically just getting the property ready for mowing.

6. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Here is my ideas...
    - pick up sticks etc.
    -blow out all beds etc.
    -de-thatch whole yard.
    -suck everything up with your mower.
    -edge beds,sidewalks,curbs etc.
    -mulch

7. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We do the same as lawncare 18.

8. Wing 97

Wing 97 LawnSite Member
    from CT

Same as above but we also include power brooming at least first 12 feet of road frontage to remove road sand.

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Blow the leaves from the beds, and vacum the lawn. THATS IT. Mulch and trimming is separate

10. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Same as a fall cleanup. Blow out the beds and fencelines. Bag it all up. Get it ready to be cut in a couple weeks.