Whats your Walkbehind blower horsepower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by proenterprises, Sep 21, 2005.

?

What Wb blower HP?

1. 5hp

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. 8hp

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. 9hp

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. 10hp

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. 14hp

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

What HP does everyone run in their walkbehind blowers?

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Its a turbojet that mounts to the back of my truck.

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2003 10HP Little Wonder blower w/ Briggs Intek I/C engine, and a 1989 8 HP Mighty Mac blower w/ Briggs engine.

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We have a 5 and a 6. Both little wonders.

BTW, for those with the 8HP and higher...

how tired are you pushing those blowers around...especially over some hilly terrain?

5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

5 and 6? Wow, you must not get many leaves. Many of the dealers I have talked with arent even bothering to stock the 6hp model this year since it is so underpowered.

6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

16hp hydro

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Actually we get a lot of leaves. Enough work to warrant a 16HP leaf loader as well. Be careful your dealer doesn't have any 6hp models left and he is giving you some jargon to move the 8's & up out...

Also, do you realize the weight difference between a 5 and 8HP model leaf loaders? I just looked onto little wonders website...the 5/6hp are 110/115#'s, respectively. Although I have the B&S not the honda engine on the 5hp. Also, according to the website the 8/10HP models are 152/161#'s, respectively. That's approximately 40#'s more for 2 more hp.

Not sure how long your leaf cleanup days are but ours run all day at times (during late october through november). I dunno pushing around an additional 30-40#'s up a hill is not my idea of fun. The reason why I asked my question is to basically figure out if the additional weight will shorten the length of day...since at this time we are dealing with daylight savings and darkness in the evening.

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

in this profession you need to have the right tool for the job, I will not go less than 10hp blowers any more. For hills and such, i use a couple echo 750's to get the job done. I also use my Z for pushing leaves, it makes life much easier.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Definitely don't go any less than 8 hp on the blowers. Also, if you go with any other brand other than the LW, don't get the little itty bitty propellored ones.

10. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of my lawns are relatively flat, but the bit of extra weight from the increased HP is definitely worth the drastically increased productivity! Any WB blower under 6HP is pointless. My LW blower is INCREDIBLE!!!!