Whch way to go...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Ozz, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I'm keeping my 941B.

Now, what the hell do I do? I'm thinking of hiring another person, teaching them everything I know, buying some OPE, and doing other work. I'm thinking two three-saw plans, another cheepie track loader, and letting them do some work by themselves.

Or, do I take the 763 I see with 1500 hours, selectable controls, a GP bucket, and a grapple, buy a set of forks, and try to break into the skid steer buisness? Again, with another peron?

Anyway, by the three saw plan I meant Jonny Red 2171/wrap for the big saw and a 346XP for the litle saw, with a 395 and wrap for stumping and the big stuff.. Or, you could give me an aussie 3120 (R limited to 12,500 instead of 9.6K in the US, and an adjustable carb, unlike the US version) Jonny Red 2171and a 346XP, lol.

The bottom line, is that the bigger guys are squeezing in on me, very much like Ron's brother, and I've got to grow, or lose the biz, which is something I will not do.

So, clear more. Or, start stone work/ skid services. Or, I could get my arborist cert, and do some more technichal tree work- where at the end of the day I feel like doing this-:hammerhead:

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I'll make you a package deal: The 440/VTS, Mustang MTL16, TK153, both hydroseeders, Kodiak and F550. Then you are equipped and you can go wild. Thumbs Up

3. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

And if I get them, do I have to hire you?

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

Ozz,
    What are you using to tow the 941 with? it seems like most of what you do is clearing and tree work so anything you get should be to help you get better at that job. i asked about the truck because i have been seeing some good deals on chipper trucks. and chippers are easy to find at rental centers. this would go along with your pan to get an arborist cert. do what you already do just do it better(with more certs). with a chipper truck and the certs you may be able to go after more contract work for utility companies and the like. maybe a bucket truck with chipper bed. you know what would help more.
    good luck,

5. stuvecorp

You don't have too. :) And the dog is not included. :nono: How would I fit in down South? :confused:

I'll give you a serious answer later...

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

arborist cert sucks. Its alot of boring work. :hammerhead: Just sayin...

7. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Stuve, you could always come work with me. Heck I'd let you run the show, you know you are way smarter than I am. Lol

j.

8. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

The real question is.....What would GR do?

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

GR never woulda got as far as Ozz has.

10. stuvecorp

I don't know, you would end up with way too much equipment if you left me the credit card.:) ...But you probably could keep selling the work so it would be all good. You got Cuties in Iowa right? Thumbs Up

I'm not going to give up, I just want to sell off stuff to move to the next level - Cranberries! I'm not kidding either, just don't need most of what I have and need to raise Benji's to make it happen.

Back to Ozzy's dilemma, what do you do that you make the most on?