1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whch way to go...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Ozz, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

If there was a market for value added timber it would be a good thing for Ozz he could log out the timber with high value cut the logs into Cants with a Alaskan mill and a 3120 Husky. If you had specialty hardwoods that are in demand by furniture makers etc they will pay good money for it.
  2. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

At the moment- pond work, clearing, selctive cutting. Stone work is doing pretty well right now, and has been for a while. However, it's not a service I provide. One of my employees owns an SSL (NH 885), but I'm not gonna ask him to put hours on his equipment, considering I dont bill him out as a sub. Sod's okay.

But I make the most on mowing trails/ clearing during the spring, random work in the summer, firewood and selective cutting in the fall. During the winter, me my two guys go our seperate ways either with Tom plowing, me plowing or delivering wood, and the other guy working on a horse farm when the kids are at school.

I'm thinking long-term and considering every option in a short term reality. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts.

I've done some CSM work, with a 3120 that had a differnt Walbro that was adjustable, and a 14,000 coil. That was bad ass. I primarily made some countertop slabs for a kitchen I was doing.
  3. Gravel Rat

I would like to see Junior try a 3120 Husky I wonder if he would be man enough to handle a saw that size :laugh:

I never did get to try buck anything with a 3120 but I did pick one up what a brute of a saw.
  4. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

What on earth does this have to do with anything at all?
  5. Gravel Rat

Ozz is into chainsaws so I'am I and Junior is scared chit of chainsaws :laugh:

Seeing as Ozz is already into working with logs and tree removal is there any market for the hardwoods.
  6. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, it's a thread about Ozz, what do you have to make off hand comments about Junior in it for? You really are out there......
  7. propertymanagement2010

propertymanagement2010 LawnSite Member
    from jerzey

my dad had a 3120xp that thing was a BEAST 48" bar on it LOL
  8. Gravel Rat

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

he did that as an attempt to insult me because i busted his balls earlier in the thread.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Gravel Rat

No insults just a friendly poke to the ribs :laugh: