Whch way to go...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Ozz, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I cant see his post, did he insult me?!

:laugh:

2. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

GR, Junior could probably beat the living crap out of you.

JMO.

3. Junior M

I wouldnt wanna fight him, I'd just want him to come to SC and work for me for a day.. Better yet, just work with me! He's a genius, he should know what to do.

4. Ozz

He would die because it's too hot, and he couldn't pay for the plane ticket.

LOL.

5. Junior M

Dam right he'd die! Felt like 108 or something like that today. And it dont help when your 6-8ft deep in the bottom of a hole surrounded by a concrete mixture and metal walls.

Just gotta keep goin cause it aint gettin any better. :drinkup:

6. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

It's 88 and feels like 108. 30 degree difference between actual and heat index. I feel like i live in florida. Everything should ready to go up in flames, and it green as it was this spring. :dizzy:

7. Ozz

Don't tell me about it. Three big brush fires so far, which is three more than we usually have. Chief is starting to think along the lines of a 550 4x4, deck, and a bigger skid unit. But he was also thinking about a 550 TRT truck too. We'll see how it pans out.

8. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

Clearly i was suffering from the heat when i posted that. I was only outside for 3 hours. :dizzy:108-88 definitely =20. We haven't had any brush fires, at least none that have gotten out of control. It hasn't been dry long enough for the roads to get dusty, let alone to have any fire hazard. I had a hard time getting a bonfire for a party started last week. :hammerhead:

9. Junior M

I am really not sure whats been going on with us at the FD, been to busy with work to catch any calls.

I know we got a new pump on our 85 3500 4wd reg cab long bed Chevy 6.2 when it wouldnt start it was between the fire and a house. I was on that call, definetly wasnt good. Since then they have been talking about putting in a grant for a totally new truck with a service body and skid tank. so we could run it as a kind of brush/rescue truck.