Wheeeew 5,000 Posts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Oct 28, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

5,000 posts and only 3,000 of them are on double blades. j/k :)

If just 1 person learned something from all of these, I guess it was worth all the key pounding I've done in the past 22 months since the software started couning them.

I did wear out one keyboard and have put many hours on this one in the past 10 months I've had it.

Why is it that you wear down the little ridge on the J key more than the F key? The same thing happened on my other keyboard.

Just so this won't be considered off topic, I will post a picture of the Doubles I am using now for Leaf Chopping. ;)

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

let me be the first to congratulate you on 5000 posts. man, thats a lot of key typing. i wonder how many times youve hit each key? im just looking forward to getting to 1000 posts.
  3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i bet i got an idea of why the J key is used more, ur finger rubs it more returning from the o+u so many times typing the word double :) congrats eric, i know i have learned tons from you and im sure many others have also :)
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What are those little ridges for?:confused: I use my computer all the time for the business.(There, now it's still relevant.:D )
  5. eskals

eskals LawnSite Member

When you type correctly (which I don't) you rest your fingers on the ASDF keys and thr JKL; keys. The ridges are an indexing point for your fingers.

6. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on a job well done!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are the blades with 4 teeth Gator Magnums? And what are the blades with 3 teeth?

I have run the 4 tooth blades and cannot remember what name is stamped on the blade.

Again congratulations!

7. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

The three tooth blade is a Stens. Tried it today Stens Ratptor
    on the bottom and the Sten 3 tooth on top. Worked great!!
    With the Scag Sthm I can lift up the front of the deck for larger piles. Didn't have to use the Catcher. :blob3:
  8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I think the title should now be Grand Master!!!!

A little stat checking shows 7.38 posts per day.

I for one am certainly glad that I know you and yes you have helped many people learn about doubles and so much more.

Thanks and keep it up Eric.
  9. Alanky

Alanky LawnSite Member

Alot more than just one person have learned from your post Eric:blob3: Congrats on your 5,000th post, I probably wont make it that high!
  10. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I was happy looking forward to my "millenium member" status here in the next week or two, then I saw your 5,000! ;)

It's going to take me 2 more years to get there!!

Its funny that you mentioned the "J" key wear, I noticed that after you said that. Another thing I noticed (my keyboard is very dirty from greasy grimey hands after work so its easy to see) It seems I only hit the space bar on the right side (With my right thumb) it looks pretty funny with a 1" wide clean spot on the right side!

Thanks Eric for all your hard work keeping this place going!