Wheel and Tire Upgrade for Fastrack??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Buckhauler, May 7, 2008.

1. Buckhauler

Buckhauler LawnSite Member

I guess this is aimed toward mowerconsultant or anybody who may have upgraded. Im in the process of buying a Fastrack 21/54 and would like to know if there would be any harm in upgrading the rear tires to 20" and the fronts to 13" to match the size on a super duty? I realize the SD has other upgrades besides that, but the larger wheels and tire are something I really wanted but couldn't afford the $1k extra for the Super Duty. Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your hydros may feel a bit different with the larger tires on the FasTrak.
    The FasTrak SD has the same hydros.. almost... the gear ratio is different for the larger tires on the SD.
    What dealer are you working with?
    Are you in Upstate or CNY?
    I am in Syracuse.
    Let me know.

Pj

3. Buckhauler

Im in upstate NY, Im dealing with M&D Mower service and they've been great so far. Thanks for the info on the gearing difference. Maybe I'll have a talk with them about the SD. Don't think I can make the price jump though.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ahhh.....
    Your downstate to me then.... lol...lol..
    Talk to your dealer, the pricing is going to be higher, but its worth it.

Pj

5. Buckhauler

Thanks PJ,

Drove away with the Fastrack 21/54 on Saturday (not the Super Duty) but can honestly say i'm not sorry. Mowed 1.3 hrs with it as soon as I got home. It's everything I hoped it would be even with the smaller tires. Would like the option to have the chute up or down but I'll figure something out.

Thanks again for the response!!

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Great to hear !!
    Welcome to the Hustler family !!
    As to the chute up or down, its a safety thing, we have to design and sell them the way you received it.
    Mowing is fun again isnt it?

Pj

7. OSDOTF

OSDOTF LawnSite Member

If you want chute options, you mght give some consideration to the Qwikchute. There's one for the 54" FasTrak -- $250.

8. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer sold me the Superduty with the chute/deflector OFF - still wrapped in the foam wrap. Why, because I asked him to. :usflag:

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Well thats a risk your dealer takes.... :nono:
    We certainly require it to be installed on the unit before you take delivery.