wheel barrels, 2 wheeled?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fga, May 1, 2005.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

anyone use the 2 wheeled one? i have to buy a new one today, cuz doing sod in the rain yesterday did "Ole Bessie" in.
    i like the idea of the 2 wheel being more stable, and handling alittle more weight, but is it a PITA in tight areas, and pivoting?

2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a couple and you said eveything I would have said...

3. fga

:D i've never used one, i guess i was stating the obvious.

so is it worth it, or would you just stick with the regular?

Home Depot opens in an hour, so i'll be leaving shortly.

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

2 wheeled is the way to go, Even a kid can use one of them not have problems. more stable also, means more capacity without fear of losing control.

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

A wheel barrel, why would you use this for sod?
    [​IMG]

I'm just messing with you, remember the last wheel barrel thread? Wow, did that dude get mad! :realmad:
    Call it whatever you want, but if I worked at Home Cheapo, I'd show you the barrel, just to pass the time.
    As heavy as sod is, I would recommend a two wheeled wheelbarrow, worth the extra money if you do a lot of heavy stuff.
    Crawdad

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry Adam,yeah 2 wheel barrow excellent choice.I still have single track but they sit in the shop in choice of the 2 tracker...

7. fga

after mine broke yesterday before i finished... i would have gladly taken that rubbermaid..and been thankful :)

thanks guys,
    i'm going with the SUV of wheel barrels :angel:

8. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the biggest, best one, and paint your company name on it.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have two of the single wheeled. A friend of mine uses the two-wheeled ones, and I never used one until about two weeks ago when I just happened to be in the same area as him, so I helped him plant some trees so we would have time to eat. Man, what a difference. The two wheeled ones work great. It does take some getting used to in turning, but well worth it.

10. Cleanmaxx Brian

Cleanmaxx Brian LawnSite Member

Here is an idea:

Take a nice hand truck and make a nice hopper for it. Have the front or the side have the abuility to swing down or lift up to allow for dumping.

I bet someone has already done it :dizzy: