wheel barrels, 2 wheeled?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fga, May 1, 2005.

1. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

thats a good idea!

I'd go with the 2 wheeled one. Thats what I have, and its so nice. Its very stable, and has a big body.

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought an 8 cubic feet, 2 wheeled unit last week. What a difference. Makes life a bit easier.

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

The 8 cu ft may be fine the 10 is to big we never take it out no one likes it. My reasons for buying it were as you stated but they are heavier so you got to move the extra weight they are to large for top soil it gets heavy quickly the 6 cu ft single wheel ones can become to heavy the duals are even worse. So I knew all this going in and said but I will only use it for mulch and it does hold a lot of mulch. How ever I seldom have beds open enough and free of plants where I can dump loads that big so even there it sees no use plus we sometimes push them up ramps to the back of the truck we have found we hated it there as well.

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we use the 8cuft. doubles... the 10's are only good for mulch.

5. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 LawnSite Member

I would reccomend that you have at least one of both types of wheelbarrels. Two wheeled barrels have their place but for hills, you can't beat a single wheeled. That's my opinion.

6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got the 2 wheel biggest I could find. Real stable and easier to balance. 2 wheel is my preference. No more tipping over like 1 wheel if a little overloaded on one side.

7. fromTEXAS!

fromTEXAS! LawnSite Member

how about one of them self propeled wheel barrows that cost over a thousand dollars? that'l be cool

8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I just saw a 2 wheeled wheel barrel the other day, first time. Instantly I wanted one, so much easier looking to use.

Adam do you go to maliburacing.com?

9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the 1 wheel because it buys lunch. If you wont to now how just ask.

10. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Got my first 2 wheeled a couple of days ago. Takes some getting used to. I like it for moving mulch cause you can haul more.