1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

wheel barrels, 2 wheeled?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fga, May 1, 2005.

1. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

As soon as my 1 wheeler goes I will also get a 2 wheel kind. Have looked at them for a while but the ol' 6 cu fter just keeps on truckin.
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay......how does it buy lunch?
  3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Agrifab 10 cuft 2 wheel buggy or barrow. Best I have ever seen. that thing will haul tons and make easy work out of it. When useing it as a barrow take the toung off or if you use it as a buggy behind a tractor or ztr extend the tounge. Plastic hopper makes for easy emptying. Best mulch barro in the business. only load 1/2 way for sod. make sure to put 5-10 psi extra for sod in tires.
  4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

well ill tell you the first guy to bite it with the wheel barrel buys lunch. I ether running the fork or spreading.
  5. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

since we have the wheel barrow debate going on, what does everybody prefer steel or poly?
  6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

poly. No rust everything slides out easier. I go through at least one wb every 2 years with poly. I could get a longer lasting wb using a steel but production would slow. steel does not hold as much and the weight is a major issue.
  7. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I use ones with two wheels and 10 Cu. Ft. capacity.
  8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

For me the 2 wheeled wheel barrows are the way to go. I have 2 of them and love them.
  9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Poly 8cu two wheeler is the way to go,I do still use my one wheeler for some stuff but
    I also have a wheelbarrow I bet none of you have tried,Called "Easywheeler"ordered from Leevalleytools.com, less than $100.00 works great for mulch and for tight places,and folds up small enough to haul both wheelbarrows with me.Rated to 1000lbs and is so cool cuz you lay it down open it up and rake or fork the mulch right in,great when unloading off my truck to just push it off into the thing..Check it out.Like I said I use all three it's only good for certain things.
  10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Just got a poly two wheeled 8 cf. Awesome! Still use the one wheel job for beds with lots of plantings.