Wheel Barrows, One or Two Wheeled?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by DSLND, Mar 26, 2006.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Guys,

I am getting bigger into doing landscaping and my plastic cheapo wheelbarrow has about bit the dust and i was looking at some and i can get two one wheeled for almost the price of one two wheeled. I would like two b/c most of the time my dad comes with me when doing landscaping. Pics, Ideas? THANKx -Mitch-

2. northernsvc's

northernsvc's LawnSite Member

i have a two wheeled wheel barrow and a one wheel, two wheel you can go all day with less fatigue much easier to handle can carry more. hands down 2 wheels are better spilage is greatly reduced... spent the extra cash you wont be disapointed.

3. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

I think we have done this thread before...try a search. Also can anybody post some pic's of their two wheeled...or a link, we don't see them down here.

4. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i have 3-4 single wheeled barrows and 1 two wheel barrow and when i take one to a job i always bring the 2wheeled one. you can just move so much more materail with one

5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

2 wheels are better unless you have to go across a hill......then 1 wheel is better....

I have a Jackson 8 cu.ft. from Lowes it was free because someone lost it off their truck and a friend of mine grabbed it.....I like it.

I had a 10 cu. ft. one that was too big......

7. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Two wheeled barrels are good for light materials and flat ground...try running one going across a slope.....it sucks azz

8. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

9. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

I have that grey rubber made beast and i love it ill have to take a picture. 2 wheller

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What about sidewards on a hill??