Wheel drive belt problem....still.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have ordered 2 times from 2 different vendors and received the same WRONG Oregon replacement belts. At least, I think they are wrong because there is quite a size difference. Take a look for yourself and tell me what you think.

belts.jpg

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

looks wrong to me... did you verify the part number you ordered vs what you got?

3. Grits

from Florida

Yes. I verified the part number when I ordered them from the first vendor and again when I ordered form the 2nd vendor. BTW, this is on a Husqvarna 48 WB with ETS. I couldn't find genuine Husqvarna belts so I had to order aftermarket and all there seems to be in the aftermarket are belts from Oregon, which are apparently wrong. I would hate to have to go to the dealer on what should be a simple fix. But I may have to. I have already spent probably $140 on belts that don't fit. Hopefully LandscaperPro will help me out, because mowpart.com sure didn't.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Bet if you had went to the dealer initially you would have gotten what you needed and saved time as well as money.

5. MikeLT1Z28

is this a pump belt or is it a belt drive belt?

6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Mike! Tell Eric I said Hi.
    How are you doing this year, with the drought...just wondering how you are doing, don't want to hijack this thread. pm me.
    kenny.

7. MikeLT1Z28

Hey Ken! I talk to him about once a week. I've been part timing it for about 2 years now. Work full time with the Sheriff's Office. fixing to get another walker that needs some tlc.

8. Grits

from Florida

Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it. But thanks for pointing out the obvious. Now, do you have any other suggestions. Changing a belt isn't supposed to be a big deal. Certainly not something to go to the dealer about, unless you are not mechanically inclined, which I am and very much so. Someone has their part numbers wrong, either the Husq. manual or Oregon. So let's try to get to the bottom of this shall we.

9. Grits

from Florida

It's a belt drive.

10. WhitakerServices

WhitakerServices LawnSite Member

I think Rotary makes a drive belt for the Husq. I believe that is what I used last year when I replaced mine.