Wheel fell off of new Bobcat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Mike33, May 14, 2007.

1. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

My new 220 with steel tracks that was installed by dealer last week with only 42 hours the wheel actually fell off. It has wheel spacers which i dont know if they torqued enough actually sheared all the studs off. My dealer came out made repair even gave a new wheel, but said i shoud check lugnuts everyday. How many of you check lugnuts every day?
  2. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

A friend of mine bought a new S300 a few years ago, and he had a similar problem. The lugs were either not torqued right, or somehow worked loose, and he started getting play in his wheels. The wheels (no tracks) ended up wallering out on the studs, and he had to buy 2 new rims. One happened under warranty, but I think he ended up having to buy the other.

The Bobcat dealer also told him to check his lugs daily.:rolleyes:
  3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'm really surprised they didn't try to blame it on the tracks.
  4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

To me it sounds like the dealer and/or manufacturer should provide a new mower for the sake of customer satisfaction. In my book, if you have a mower that you have to check the lug nuts everyday, it's time to get a new mower, new brand name, and a new dealer.
  5. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

i had an 873 that had an axle shaft snap...while pushing snow??
  6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

this aint no mower tire falling off here
  7. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

He's talking about a bobcat skidsteer loader....not a lawn mower.
  8. Mike33

9. Mike33

Partly they did, i really feel they didnt have the wheel spacers torqued. But they took care of it worst agervation of down time and i ended up moving my 185 in to lift machine up to help out mechanic.
  10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

My apology, I stand corrected.