1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

wheel horse 724Z

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by briggs33, Mar 20, 2008.

1. briggs33

briggs33 LawnSite Member

hello newbie here!i got a wheel horse 724Z for free today and the kohler engine sometimes starts but wont stay running(sometimes)?does anyone have any schematics i can look at?
  2. Are you sure it's a Kohler because most of them had a Onan Engine ?
  3. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

I dont know anything about that model but heres a pic of someothers they are all for sale make an offer.

Wheel Horse Collection 1.jpg
  4. Very nice tractors!
  5. briggs33

briggs33 LawnSite Member

i am positive its a kohler. heres the specs-its a wheel horse 724-Z zero turn with a 25 horse power kohler command with electric clutch for the blades it has a 54" deck. i know toro and dixie had connections with these. today i went in my garage and started to tinker on it a little. so i got it started and tried to move but it figited then stopped and it kept doing that so i looked at the drive line and there is a shaft that runs from the motor to the hydro pump then splits of to the hydro motors? ill try to post a pic in a minute

6. Someone must have changed the engine at one time because I don't remember Wheel Horse ever having one with a 25 Hp Kohler engine in one. Looks like a 1986 to a 1989 model. Vin Number should be something like Z1-24oe01
    For a parts breakdown see link

Brand - Toro Consumer

Then scroll down to - riding products - click enter

Then scroll to the bottom and Z1-20KE01 - Click enter

Then Click on Change assembly to navagate

Let me know if that helps

7. briggs33

briggs33 LawnSite Member

thanks kevin ill try it
  8. At least it will give you a parts breakdown so you can see how everything works.
  9. briggs33

briggs33 LawnSite Member

if you look at the motor there is a shaft that runs to the gear box are there supposed two bolts in the shaft to hold it? i cant tell on the schematics on your site
  10. briggs33

briggs33 LawnSite Member

wow i really chopped up that reply but i what i was saying was are there supposed to be four bolts that hold the shaft that runs to the gear box (in the middle) to the motor? i can really tell on the schematics on emerichsales.com but it looks like there should be four there?