Wheel loader cycle times

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Krafty, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

I think some of you are forgetting that it is a day of loading at most... Chris we must be a little more greedy up here our quads are alot taller then yours. The turck in your vid is about the same height as our tandems and tri axles. I will try and snap a pic today if I see one...

2. zabmasonry

zabmasonry LawnSite Senior Member
    from C. VT

if you wanted a two or three or even 5 minute load cycle a 624 sized machine might be warranted. But since you'll have a 15 or 30 minutes per load you don't need a loader. Although one might consider the "herd" effect among truck driver's and that's effect on the day's production.

3. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

My T300 will load our Tri-Axle or any Tri-Axle for that matter with out a ramp. But I realize end dumps are generally a little taller. Just make a ramp like Dirtman said if you have too. No need for a loader, especially for only 230 yards.

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

230 yards is nothing. I would not consider a wheel loader either. Our trucks are not as tall as the ones you guys use out East but I would ramp accordingly (and or dig down where the trucks are going to be loaded). The 85XT has good dump height. I have loaded countless side dump loads with my 95XT and 465s. Sides I am sure are not as tall but as mentioned that can be delt with. Why give your money for a rental when you can keep it in your pocket.

5. john365

john365 LawnSite Member
    from mass

I moved about 500 yards of material with a 980g and two d350 off road trucks. In 30 mins

6. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

There is no comparison between a 980 8 yard bucket and a ctl 1 yard bucket. I have loaded centipedes with a t300 it take longer but it will keep money in your pocket vs having to pay for the rental

7. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

If it were my job.....I would use my Kobelco 135 excavator with my 60" bucket. Just start at one end and us the it to dig to grade and load the trucks.....have one CTL follow up and sub grade.