Wheel moter failer

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bowhunter74, May 31, 2008.

1. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

Last fall I had to have a wheel motor replaced at around 200 hrs, when I got it back it didn't run as fast as the other side so my dealer had to adjust the linkage to get it up to speed, but the reverse doesn't run as fast as the orginal side. I don't understand how there could be that much difference in the wheel motors, or could it have been installed wrong?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It can be a adjustment, air in the system or it could be as simple as tire pressure.
    Have you talked to your dealer?

Pj

3. bowhunter74

from mo

Yes, the dealer adjusted it when I took it back because the new side ran slower then other, so now I think he had to adjust it further than normal to get it up to speed but the reverse is slower on that side and it won't turn around as well because of the slower speed. It works, but I am unhappy with it, I didn't buy a $7300 machine to be unhappy with. My dealer said that he doesn't know why there is a difference between the two.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me your information, your dealer information and your model and serial #'s please.

Pj

5. bowhunter74

from mo

I emailed my info, and a fallow up email with no reply?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No email here that I see, let me check again.

7. bowhunter74

from mo

Model # 9277728
    Ser. # 07040610

8. bowhunter74

from mo

PJ, does that help, or do you need more info. I didn't really want to post all of it here, since I can't get an email to go through to you.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your dealer has e-mailed me, I was under the impression they were working on this for you further since your last post here??

Pj

10. bowhunter74

from mo

He said he would find out about it, but I had not heard anything for a while, I will check with him. Thanks