Wheel Motors?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by brian12, Oct 29, 2002.

1. brian12

brian12 LawnSite Member

What type of wheel motors are used on the Fastrak?
    Is there any difference in the Landpride Razor and the Fastrak?

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There are no wheel motors in the FasTrak, it uses integrated hydro transaxles, 1 per side.

The FasTrak is a home use only unit.
    Are you looking to buy a unit for home use ? or are you looking for commercial use ?
    If for home, the FasTrak is going to be your choice, if for commercial use, but you want a unit the size of the FasTrak you need to look at the Hustler Mini's.

And the only things different between the Razor and the FasTrak is color and a cover over the engine that Landpride uses and we dont. They both come off the same exact production line at Hustler.

Hope this helps
    Pj

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

After checking out a Fastrak my thoughts are they are all commercial mowers less they hydros. They are super low too. I really like that!

However, over the past few weeks I have talked to 4 people who operate other brands with similar hydro systems. They use them commercially too! All 4 agreed that the hydros were probably not as durable as they commercial style. But, none of them have had a problem with them after lots of use.

If I am forced to buy 2 mowers for next season, it will be a very hard decision for me between the Fastrak and a hydro walkbehind. Maybe that's not so smart. I dunno...........

:alien: